Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACLs - CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autobahn

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2002
GB
Hi All!

Just a quick question, nothing too taxing I'm afraid. If I create a standard acl as follows

access-list 1 deny any
then apply this to the vty 04 int with access-class command...will this restrict all telnet access?

Can I just create access-list 1 without the 'deny any' command and let the implicit deny take care of that bit?

Thanks in advance,

Autobahn

access-list 1 deny any" Yes, all traffice would be deny.

"access-list 1 pemit any" This is useless because all traffic will flow any way.

Use acl to filler and direct the flow of traffic e.g
"access-list 1 pemit 176.10.0.0" permit all host on network 176.10. and implict deny at the end would deny all other traffic.

Thanks jamin, thats cleared it up a bit, but I was wondering what would happen if you just created a blank access-list. Would it by default deny all telnet access if applied to int vty 0 4??

don t do that

just use the

transport input none

You need to know what command CISCO thinks is best for the test. Try checking out some CCNA forums or books for the correct (Cisco Test) way.

Baddos is right. There may be many answers, but the test is looking for 'their' answer.

Another simple way to prevent telnet access is:

line vty 0 4
login
end

Set the login, but do not set a password.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back