Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACL headaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarty

Programmer
Sep 18, 2001
IT
Hi,
being new to Domino I'm gonna ask a q. that will probably crack you up but here goes...
When I change the ACL on a Notes database I have to restart the server for that change to take effect. I'm sure there's either something wrong in my installation or something VERY basic I'm missing!
Any help much appreciated.

I assume the following scenario: You have one Domino Server and access it with a Standard Notes Client (which is not on the same machine). The database where you change the ACL is on the same server. If that is the case, then the ACL change should take effect immediately next time you open the database.

A possibility: Perhaps you have a problem with the cache.dsk of the client. Does it help to close and restart the Notes Client for the change to take effect? If yes, then the client is the problem, not the server.

Hi,

U can use the following console command to update the ACL's.

load updall.

Thanks for both suggesstions.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back