Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

acFormReadOnly changes Editable form

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkf7911

MIS
Mar 20, 2007
US
I have a form that is opened in either Edit mode or Read only mode, depending on the user's level of access. For some reason, when the form is opened in Read Only mode, acFormReadOnly, it will change the "Allow Edits", "Allow Deletions", "Allow Additions" entries on the form to "NO", so that when another user opens the form using the command intended to allow edits, an edit cannot be made because somehow those settings were changed and saved, disallowing future edits.

Any idea what may be causing this and how to address?

At a guess, you're using a single copy of Access, probably on a shared drive. In a multi-user environment, you should be using a split database, with the back end holding your tables and on a shared drive, and the front end, which holds everything else, such as forms, queries, reports, etc. A separate copy of the front end should then be placed on each user's PC.

The Missinglinq

Richmond, Virginia

There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

Close guess. I'm using a single front-end and single back-end. My customer doesn't want a copy of the front-end on every PC.

Then tell him he's stuck with the problem.

The Missinglinq

Richmond, Virginia

There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!

lol.... no, i'm just stuck with fixing it every time it reverts. such is life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back