Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acer Aspire6600 Frequent Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

msuliman

Technical User
Sep 28, 2003
KW
Hi,
I have three Acer Aspire6600 pc(s) which i have being using without a problem nearly for 18 months. Suddenly ALL of them started to freeze onine and offine after few minutes of operation, especially when multi-task operations are carried out (like opening different browser pages simultaneously,and minimizing and maximizing of windows, etc..). We tried to change the RAM,and the HD without any improvement. The PC needs to be switched off and on to exit the freeze.Here are the major components of Aspire 6600:
128 MB of RAM,900 MHz Celeron Processor,and 20GB HD,plus a modem and a network card.We uninstalled all loaded applications (MS Office and others) but the problem persists and we tried all kinds of OS of windows. Please advise urgently since my work has been badly hurted by this,and thanks in advance.

backup you data as much as possible.

I guess that the laptops are out of warranty. But you can still contact acer for some advice. maybe its a known problem for that model.

it seems a video or heat related problem.

reload bios default, when you reinstall windows or use recovery disc, do a clean one from scratch. also update your anti-virus software to the latest.

download memtest86, and test system memory.

update video driver to see what happens.

good luck

Hi there:
Try to use recovery CD to reinstall your laptop.
I guess that will solve your problem completely. If it still have the same problem, then you will know there is some wrong the your hardware.

Good luck,
channing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back