Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acer AL1913 LCD Monitor "input not supported"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanthadar

Technical User
Feb 21, 2005
CA
I just bought a brand new Acer 19" AL1913 LCD Monitor. It works great, except I have a problem when I boot up my system. It seems that when I get my bios boots and the logo shows up, the monitor starts displaying in a box that moves around the screen "input not supported". Then I'll get a display for my RAID setup, then my Windows XP will start to load, wherein I get the "input not supported" either. Once WinXP actually has loaded though, the box goes away and everything is fine.

This is a pretty big pain in the a$$ as whenever I need to do any bios changes I have to switch monitors. Is there any way I might be able to make it so my bios displays the bootup in a display that is acceptable to my monitor?

This is the picture of the monitor I have:

2.jpg

Current computer specs:

Intel P4 2.8ghz
1 gig ddr ram
Windows XP Professional SP2
ASUS P4P800 mobo
Bios version 1019.005 (10/14/2004)

Not too sure what else I might be able to provide to give you guys any clues to remedy my situation.

I suspect maybe improper refresh rate or even something as simple as resolution..however this is my first LCD monitor and this is just a guess.

Is your BIOS setup to use the AGP port or a PCI port.
It maybe that, if it is set to PCI it is causing the problem.
Try changing it.
Not sure just a guess

Hi, I realise this is an old question, but I recently bought the same Acer monitor model and had the same problem, I had a Radeon graphics card.

The problem was solved by changing the jumpers settings on the graphics card.

Hey, i have teh same problem i have a mitsubishi dv197 lvd monitor and i get the same problem, it says "input not supprted" jus before entering XP, but if i close and resstart the monitor it goes away.

Freddycd15, wht do u mean by changing the jumpers on the graphics card, i also have a radeon card?

hey, what I mean is, there should look somehting like this:

but the ones on my graphics card (and probably the ones on yours) would have 3 spikes and a jumper (a bit of plastic) covering 2 spikes.

just take the jumper off, and place them on the alternate 2 spikes.

Then switch on your pc again, Worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back