Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACE - is that outdated? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bg26275

MIS
Aug 18, 2005
CA
I was discussing Crystal Reports certification with a consulting company and they mentioned ACE (Accredited Crystal Engineer) certification. That's outdated now, right?

I believe the ACE accrediation was last offered with version 9.
Starting with version 10, the CRCP (Crystal Reports Certified Professional) was introduced. This is a real certification as the testing is done by a third party.
I wouldn't even bother with the ACE if you can still even purchase it.

~Brian

I took part in the ACE certification and in my opinion it isn't really an accreditation. I mean that by the fact that when I took the ACE for 8.5 I could take the exam at work and with all my books, help files etc.. so to me that doesn't really prove anything. All it really proves is that you can look through your book/help files if you don't know the answers. Where as the CRCP is a lot better because you are not allowed any books/help files in the exam centre so it tests you more on you knowledge of the product.

Definately go for the CRCP.

-Steve

Thanks, guys.

How hard is the CRCP exam? I plan to prepare using Annette Harper's certification book and maybe 1-2 more books, like George Peck's 'Complete Reference' books. Still, experience is experience.

Do I need to have at least a year (or maybe more) of recent Crystal Reports development experience to be able to take the exam? I have not used Crystal Reports full-time for a few years now (since using ver. 7 back in '98-99). I've taught MS Access, including creating reports, so looking at the CR books things look easy..

I didn't find the CRCP exams particularly hard to be honest, as long as you know your stuff then you will be fine.

I would recommend learning all the new features though as there has been quite a lot of changes between XI and version 7 for example, dependency checker, format painter, cascading parameters, repository, workbench, group expert to name but a few so its definately worth going through all of those and the others before taking the exam.

There's a post which is 2 down from this one which has a couple of link to look at which might be helpful to you.

Good luck with your exams.

-Steve

"if at first you don't succeed, sky diving is not for you"!!! :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back