Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACDN Main line suddenly not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2011
US
So I get this call telling me that the company main line number isn't working (It's an automated menu greeting) ACDN 3200.
Has worked fine for years and now suddenly no more.

DN 3200
CPND
NAME Main Automated Menu
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
TYPE ACDN

TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN 3200
MWC NO
DSAC NO
MAXP 1
SDNB NO
BSCW NO
ISAP NO
AACQ NO
RGAI NO
ACAA NO
FRRT
SRRT
NRRT
FROA NO
CALP POS
ICDD NO
NCFW 7399
FNCF NO
FORC NO
RTQT 0
SPCP NO
OBTN NO
RAO NO
CWTH 1
NCWL NO
BYTH 0
OVTH 2047
TOFT NONE
HPQ NO
OCN NO
OVDN
IFDN
OVBU LNK LNK LNK LNK
EMRT
MURT
RTPC NO
NRAC NO
RAGT 4
DURT 30
RSND 4
FCTH 20
CRQS 100
IVR NO
OBSC NO
OBPT 5
CWNT NONE

Anyone see anything wrong, that I'm not seeing?? Oh, and f.y.i. Every other DID is working perfectly.

Have someone internally dial 4 digit 3200 and 7399 to see if it works, that will rule out either internal or external issues for the most part.
Then ask if they can still leave and pick up vmails, that will tell you if the vmail system is at least running.
Is 3200 part of the DID range?
Next: what type of PBX and voice mail is this? (model and release if possible)

Yup. I just double checked against the printouts from when the system was installed (CS1000E Nortel v.5.5 w/ CallPilot 5.0) and the programming is still the same, with NCFW pointing to 7399 voicemail DN. Don't know why that's always been that way?

Regardless, When the 3200 and 7399 are called internally, both work fine.

When 7399 is called via cell phone or outside line, externally voicemail works, but when 3200 is called externally, "Your call cannot be completed as dialed please check the number as dialed, message 32." is heard.

But, If I call from within the company to XXX-3200, I geet a busy signal.

Yep, 3200 is part of our DID range.

Did you recently upgrade?

Have you tried it as a phantom rather than an ACD queue?

Nope, no recent upgrades.
Haven't tried it as a phantom number, primarily since I haven't done that in 10 years. I don't think i'd build it correctly.

* I've gone into LD 49 and when I PRT the IDC, it doesn't acknowledge the customer number, (whether it's level 1 or 2)leading me to believe that the IDC table is not built or used when the phone system was setup by our vendor 3 years ago.

** I have just put a call into our phone line provider and they've stated that they are seeing an error on thier end. I will post the results when they come in.

Cause of problem is not equipment on customer end, but rather an issue with our line provider. Seems the error was on their end. Possibly a Database corruption or programming issue. Problem has been resolved on their end and all is working well again with no changes needed at customer point.

(Thanks to all who contributed suggestions).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back