Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD

Status
Not open for further replies.

radrman

MIS
Dec 14, 2003
US
I tried to move an ACD Agent to another TN, User cannot login.
Now it seems like I need to rebuild an ACD agent in order for user to login.
I need help with building this profile

You CANNOT move an ACD set. You must out then rebuild the set. An agent can log in on any ACD phone if it is set to log in that way

I need help to rebuild the set.
Do you have any templates i could follow

YOUR GOING TO NEED MORE THAN HELP REBUILDING IT, YOU MOST LIKELY CORRUPTED THE SOFTWARE

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

What about outing the old set and build a new set by copying it from another ACD set that is working and change the DN's associated with it?

I have outed the old set and tried to copy from an existing set, But settings will not copy over,
Per documentation cannot copy from supervisor set to supervisor set.

Did you print out the old set before trying to move it? If so, then just build a new set with the same programming. If not, then print out one that does work and re-build the outed set as new following the prompts and making the unique changes for the set.

There are some basic rules when programming ACD sets or you will corrupt your data as you may already have.
1. Never use CPY or MOV on ACD sets.
2. Before you use CHG, log out the set & disable the TN. Some people would recommend not using the CHG command. If you are using MAT, Switchview or OTM then I wouldn't use CHG either as none of these apps disable the TN.

to add on to what wdhb said.. if you are running symposium you must deacquire the phone 1st before you out a phone and reprogram it.

I always rebuild the whole phone. I never make changes or copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back