Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD TROUBLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giterdone

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2005
US
I have a group of ACD agents reporting calls are not being evenly distributed on a Definity system. I How would a newb begin looking into such a problem?

Giterdone,

Firstly start by asking what call type it is and which agents are experiencing the problem.
Then check and compare their skill preferences and call handling preference - it is useful to find out if the problem occurs during call surpluses or Agent surpluses.
You will need to check the vector in the switch for queuing anomolies.
You will also need to check the Skill group type.

That should be enough information to get you started and find the problem.

Cheers
Langl3y

Also may want to check your hunt group configuration depending on what type of skills based routing using such as "Group Type: ead-mia".

Thanks for both your suggestions, I'm working with users experiencing trouble to get a grasp on the problem.

Also,
If you have a CMS system. You may want to run report to see if the agents are telling you the truth. And if it is, then you may want to activate agent tracing on the low call agents. They could be doing some funning things to not take calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back