Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsjacketsfan

Technical User
Feb 29, 2008
US
This is what I want to accomplish.

I have to program a State Police dispatch center, I have an 81C w/3.0

I already have a small HG built (4 lines w/o using an ACD I just have all the ext MARPed on one phone and it works fine as is. The 5th call I can make go to VM, not sure on any more calls.

What I actually need (as strange as it may sound)is instead of VM on the 5th call I need the 5th and 6th call to go into que and once a line clears go back into small hunt group. Then in the event of a 7th and 8th call those could/would go to VM.

I am using App builder ver. 4.4.4.11 and CP server 3.3.6

I am just trying to figure out how to make it work.

Any suggestions? One more thing. They do not want to do an ACD for the 4 initial calls because all 4 lines ring on all phones. They do want an ACD/Que on the overflow calls.

I'll be back at work tomorrow 4/7 and hopefully if anyone has a ? I'll get back to them.

Thanx in advance.

The bad thing about ACD...you cannot juggle calls. You can only talk to one ACD caller at a time. If someone has a non-emergency, you may want to put them on hold and clear some other callers. You also can't tell you partner - "take line 3, its for you" Make sure the customer knows how much ACD can suck in certain environments.

If there are only up to 4 workers, then at times you will have one or two working alone...with no way to juggle critical calls and hold non-emergencies. I would just have 2616 sets with lines up the key strip. The ringing can be reduced by simply have the handsets off the phone then the default sound is a single buzz tone as a call comes in.

But if ACD is a better fit for your situation, never fear...someone will post on that.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

When you say you have

("I already have a small HG built (4 lines w/o using an ACD I just have all the ext MARPed on one phone and it works fine as is. The 5th call I can make go to VM, not sure on any more calls.")
Do you mean Phones or do you have 4 trunks going to a hunt group. I'm not sure what you mean and it does make a difference in the answer to your question.

How is it built?
Are they DID numbers that are being called or are they Copper trunks?

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

ACE and GHT

I know posting questions and having a "knuclehead" like me not explain in detail is a pain, but I was hoping by saying all is working (in test situation w/4 line HG) and getting the 5th call to VM that it would help eliminate a long and drawn out post :( Anyhow they don't want ACD they will "hunt" up the keys, I just was wondering if by using an ACD like feature at the end (when all lines are busy)whether or not I could basically make their current set-up (see below) work with what I was trying to do. This is State Gov and they DO NOT like changing.

They are DID's that I will be using. Hopefully I have shed some light on how they are set up now and what I am trying to do for them.

Additionally they not 911 lines, they are 8xx numbers (800-GRAB-DUI and 877-7-PATROL) that the public call and are "Geo-Routed" to the respective area codes based on what area code the call comes from.

The biggest issues:
1. They don't have caller-ID (State Police ????)

2. They currently use a Centrex switch from the LEC and utilize a UDC Hunt Group (CENTREX config'd) w/4 COT GRD start signaling from a downtown CO sent/transported through a T1 up to my location terminates into a channel bank then to the DEMARC from the DEMARC we take it to our 110 block (connected to the PBX)then we assign TN's and build them on their existing phones as PVR's. They actually have 12 stations/seats/phones that can be manned if needed.

3. Their CENTREX service/UDC group is set to roll/hunt up the keys and ring on all stations. 5th and 6th call go into que and if there happens to be a 7th then it will go to the Dispatch Supervisor 8th rings busy.

4. Their HQ does not want them to have any ability to LOG-IN or OUT so that's why an ACD (on the user side) is a
no-go.

5. So I wanted to assign a different RTN (from the 8xx's)and completly eliminate the Centrex piece. Then still give the feature (# 3 above) after all lines are busy.

Here is the MARP TN and the Phantom TN is there w/FTR DCFW 3533 just to send the 5th call to my ext just to verify what would happen if all 4 lines were tied up.

TN 20 0 9 5

DATE

PAGE

DES

DES HUNTTE

TN 020 0 09 05

TYPE 3904

CDEN 8D

CTYP XDLC

CUST 0

FDN

TGAR 2

LDN NO

NCOS 4

SGRP 0

RNPG 0

SCI 0

SSU

XLST

CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR MTD FND HTA ADD HFA GRLD CRPD STSD

MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1

POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LND CNDA

CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD

ICDD CDMD LLCN PRMD PHTD PCWD MCTD CLBD AUTU

GPUD DPUD DNDA CFXD ARHD FITD CLTD ASCD

CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD

DDGA NAMA

DRDD EXR0

USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTU DNDY DNO3 MCBN

CPND_LANG ENG

RCO 0

HUNT 3009

LHK 3

PLEV 02

AST

IAPG 0

AACS NO

ITNA NO

DGRP

MLWU_LANG 0

MLNG ENG

DNDR 0

KEY 00 SCR 3000 0 MARP

01 SCR 3001 0 MARP

02 SCR 3002 0 MARP

03 SCR 3003 0 MARP

17 TRN

18 AO6

26 CPN

27 CLT

28 RLT

DATE 6 APR 2008

NACT

REQ:

REQ PRT

TYPE:

TYPE TNB

TN 156 0 0 3

DATE

PAGE

DES

DES ACD

TN 156 0 00 03 PHANTOM

TYPE 500

CDEN 4D

CUST 0

WRLS NO

DN 3009 0 MARP

AST NO

IAPG 0

HUNT

TGAR 1

LDN NO

NCOS 7

SGRP 0

RNPG 0

XLST

SCI 0

CLS CTD DTN FBD XFD WTA THFD FND HTD ONS

LPR XRD CWD SWD MWD RMMD SMWD LPD XHD SLKD CCSD LND TVD

CFTD SFD MRD C6D CNID CLBD AUTU

ICDD CDMD LLCN PRMD PHTD PCWD EHTD MCTD

GPUD DPUD CFXD ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTD LDTD ASCD

MBXD CPFA CPTA DDGA NAMA MIND

MCRD

EXR0 SHL ABDD CFHD DNDY DNO3

USRD BNRD OCBD RTDD RBDD RBHD FAXD CNUD CNAD PGND FTTC

PLEV 02

AACS NO

MLWU_LANG 0

FTR DCFW 4 3533

DATE 6 APR 2008

So, all lines in use (4) 5th and 6th call sent to QUE, 7th to Supervisor VM and 8th would just be busy (or perhaps all attendants busy or whatever)

Can this be done using App builder ver. 4.4.4.11 and CP server 3.3.6 w/81c 3.0

Again thank you all in advance.

P.S. as ridicules as this sounds the Highway Patrol "powers-that-be" want this to work like it does now. A little "tweaking" may be ok but I won't hold my breath.

(CENTREX config'd) w/4 COT GRD start signaling)

If there are only 4 Trunks, how do they get a 5th or 6th call? shouldn't the caller get a BUSY?

ACE all I know is what it does. I am assuming that w/in the CENTREX switch AT&T has some config that allows it.

On our PBX we only provide the CENTREX w/a path to the phones. All the hunting/config's etc. are all done on the LEC side. I of course control what key to put the numbers on ETC...

Just to point out how crazy the set up is; all of the States Public Safety offices (except ours) utilize CENTREX switches maintained by the LEC. The HG here is rather weird. The dispatchers could by accident logout of the UDC if they managed to hit the right combo.

Crazy as it sounds, it actually happened a month ago. 2 out of the 4 lines got "logged-out" the crazy part is unlike an ACD where the agent "logs-in" and there are "not ready, make busy keys" and if they are logged out it goes into que, VM etc..the UDC from the CENTREX does not have that. These agents are 24/7 and have been "logged-in" since 1994 when this UDC/HG was implemented.

Anyhow, what happened when they "logged-out" of 2 of the numbers, the CENTREX reverted/converted (I don't know the term) those lines back into regular CENTREX lines (what I mean by that is usually the places that have CENTREX they dial 6-1234 and it rings to that extension.) In this case since 2 of the numbers were "logged-out" when the public called in, call 1 and 2 worked normally calls 3 and 4 went to a persons desk phone that was not located at our facility. (Public called 8xx number and it rang Joe Schmoes desk somewhere else)

So I guess very-long-story-short I can't answer that because I don't have access to the CENTREX switch, but I do know it works because I have tested it.

So back to my question. Do you or anyone else know of a way to do what they want me to do.

Thank you again.

QUOTE: "What I actually need (as strange as it may sound)is instead of VM on the 5th call I need the 5th and 6th call to go into que and once a line clears go back into small hunt group. Then in the event of a 7th and 8th call those could/would go to VM."

Unless someone else knows something I don't know, then I would have to say your (SOL)

how long will the wait be for the 5 call? you can send that to a vacant analog with fna to ?

i do not think i would build this one, a simple acd would be so perfect, just allow login with any 4 digits and add a ran.. you could que to music and wait for the next agent..

if you can sell that, it's simple and it works.. i assume these are not er calls

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i built one out west for dispatch center (trucking).. the only callers were enployee's.. if the single agent was busy, all you got was music... just enough to tell you that you were in line for the dispatch... i just used the moh source for a ran... no reports, no major reason to ever log out...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back