Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD Set Unable to Log In

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorstarOption

Technical User
Apr 4, 2002
US
I built an acd phone and acquired it from symposium, but for reason users are unable to log in from that set. From Web Client the TN that I acquired is showing voiceport instead of agent not sure why. The acd phone will not let the user input their 6 digit user ID. After inputting the first 4 digit it will kick them out.

I'm not really sure what's the relationship between the user ID and position ID. Do they have to match? If you have an user ID programmed in symposium, can you use any acd phone to log in? Or do you have to associate the symposium ID with the phone? I hope I haven't confused you guys yet. Any explaination and advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have no experience on Norstar but I believe you checked the AddVoicePort option when installing the new agent in Symposium and it was set as a Voice Port and not a Phoneset. Delete it and install it again.

The Position ID is the identification of the phoneset (when programming the ACD key in the switch). The User ID has no connection with the Position ID, it is the agent's identification and can be used to login on any ACD set.

I hope this is useful

Bye

an acd group can be agent or position id not both, check the scb to see if the params are contain your id. if the set acquires it should be correct. post that set and a working set, maybe one of us can see something

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Somehow you must have got the voice port checked when you built it. Remove phoneset in Symposium and put back in and make sure there is no check for voice port.

I'm using a symposium web client and I tried deleting that set that I just built and acquired but I can't or I don't how to delete it. I just posted this again also. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back