Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

acd queue for symposium\mmail announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

iclarke

MIS
Jul 19, 2001
IE
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to set up an ACD queue for use with symposium & mmail announcements?

You must first in LD23 define an ACD group (i.e 1008) which has MWI=no, MAXP=2 (the number of IVR channels, this is what I will refer to with the rest of the setup), IVR=YES and ALOG=YES. Then define 2 new 2008 phones on the TN positions on the callpilot with

TN xx xx
CLS MMA VCE WTA
AST 00 01
KEY 0 ACD 1008 0 xxxx
key 1 snc xxxx
key 2 msb
key 3 nrd
key 4 trn
key 5 ao3

When this is done you need to configure IVR channels in the Call Pilot Manager and The C-lan adress of the symposium. Use configuration wizard and setup TN xx xx for IVR channels, and the symposium server adress.
Restart the callpilot.

Now you have to run the setup configuration on the symposium and under voice services define the E-lan adress of the callpilot and port 10008. Save changes and restart the symp.

Now you have to login to SMI workbench on the symposiom Choose expert/advances setup. Under switch configuration click on voice ports and add the TN's used above as voice ports. Make sure to use i.e 0-0-xx-xx if you have a small system. Acquire the ports. After that you must check that ACD IVR/ports under switch configurations is configured with the ACD dn above, if not define it and acquire and make sure the voice ports is in this group.

In the call presentation you must route announcement to the ACD number above and the ID's of the announcement must be created in Application builder, and the number must also be added as a service directory number with the appropriate voice announcement in Call Pilot Manager.

Hope this was for any help to you, maybe it was to short and difficult...

i2007

Thanks for you help, My one problem is I don't have call pilot. How different is the setup with just symposium and meridian mail?

On reflection my post is not very clear. What I am trying to do is set up greetings and wait announcements on symposium. I have setup the announcements on meridian mail each with and ID and DN. Symposium requests one DN from which all announcements can be accessed via ID. I was told this DN should be an ACD queue. What I want to know is how do I setup this queue so that symposium can access the announcements by id. Sorry for the vague previous question.

you'll need application manager on a networked pc, that takes you to a gui interface that does the same thing as voice service dn table and menu announcements etc.. you don't need a new que.. installing the cp you build a acd group for the inbound ports, that's the only acd que involved... in mer mail it's option 3 4 then 1 for voice ser dn or 6 for menus

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back