Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD Question 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

eileenc

Technical User
Aug 5, 2003
US
I have found that there are a bunch of random ACD ques in my system that must have been set up when the PBX was first purchased many years ago. I have no idea what most of them are for and/or how to find out. I am 99% positive most of them serve no purpose. Is there any way to actually find out, because when I do a print out of them in Ld 23 it really doesn't tell me anything. Also, how can I remove them?

make sure there not being used to redirect the call, when you print them out in LD 20 are there any phones showing under the ACDN if not go to LD 23 and print out each one and see if there is something under NCFW

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

The Number on them for NCFW is Voicemail for all of them.

Then check to see if there are mailboxes that = the ACDN. If so, those are mailboxes for people that do not have phones - just numbers and voice mail.

Nowadays, we generally use Phantom TNs for that.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com World Famous!
--

Or if your VM is a Callpilot remember the SDN table in case they are for applications

Thank you! None of the DNs have a voicemail set up for them, so I guess I can assume they go nowhere.

Before you consider deletes, ring each of the numbers and listen to the prompts (if any). The ACDs may have been set up as info lines, in which case there will be no mailbox but could have announcements / applications.

make sure their invalid first by calling ACD DN if nothing LD 23 out acd
Cust = 0
acdn
Let it update the acd is out
Most of the time if only 1 agents in group could be used for forwarding check nite forwarding prompt to determine if used to goto VMAIL etc

New to the forum and not good at explaining but checked threads from other post and ghtrout said it better than i most of all dont out them till your shure

I did find a couple ACD Ques that after they go to a voice mail and it says there is no voicemail set up, it says transferring to an attendant and it goes to another number within our office. I can't see that number anywhere in the ACD Que when I print it. How can I find out where this is set up?

It could be that other numbers forward to those ACD numbers and so carry that their number through to the voice mail and end up terminating to a mailbox etc. However, if you are convinced that they serve no purpose, you can delete them in ld 23. (out/acd/#) However, I would strongly recommend you print out and keep on file a copy of the ACD (ld 23 prt /ACD/ #) and only out a few at a time, then wait a week before outing the next group. That way if someone complains you can enter things back quickly and accurately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back