Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

poopus

Technical User
Jan 18, 2007
US
Is there any way to set up an ACD que without the use of a Miran card? When I set up an acd and all agents are on a call, the next call just rings and rings. I have tried different set ups and some suggested here with no luck.

No RAN route route define in the ACD Q, means no music for the ACD Q and the caller just hear ringing until answer...Working as designed.

You can buy a RAN annoucement machine like an Interalia
that would be a way cheaper solution than a Miran
card (thousands $$ cheaper).

Cant you use a radio speaker output to a ULIC? Then use that route for music. I have never done so but have heard older techs talk about it. It would only help for music though, not RANs.

When the music goes on the line, how will the caller know his call has been answered by the right party without a RAN to say you reached the AVBC company, please hold fot the next agent???? Spend the few dollars for a RAN like an Interalia, they have them on Ebay.

If you go with a Ran announcer you will need an available
TN on a universal trunk card NT8D14xx.

>LD 20
REQ LUU
TYPE TRK

DO these commands and it will show you if you have any
available trunk TN's.

I guess I have confused the problem. Right now I have an acd set up that routes to a voicemail tree. The tree provides basic information dependent on the choice a caller makes.. If they want to talk to a live person, they press "0". This will take them to a couple multi line phones. I want to set it up so that pressing "0" takes them to and acd que with music. The voicemail tree has already informed them they will be transferred to a live person when available. How do I get the acd que to answer the call until an agent is available and play the music? I have plenty of spare trunks on a universal trunk card. I know this may be clunky. But until I can get a separate recording devise, is there a way to do this? I already have a music trunk set up for callers on hold. What provides the seizure of the incoming call when all agents are on calls or not available? Can I even do this without a recording devise.

Thanks
CWK

Define the music on hold route at the MURT prompt
in the acd Queue programming (LD 23)

Here is a example of an ACD que with music.

REQ prt
TYPE acd
CUST 0
ACDN 6001

TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN 6001
MWC NO
DSAC NO
MAXP 3
SDNB NO
BSCW NO
ISAP NO
AACQ NO
RGAI NO
ACAA NO
FRRT 20
FRT 2
SRRT 21
SRT 120
NRRT
FROA YES
NCFW 3353
FNCF NO
FORC NO
RTQT 6
RTQO MSB
SPCP NO
OBTN NO
RAO NO
CWTH 1
NCWL NO
BYTH 0
OVTH 2047
TOFT NONE
HPQ NO
OCN NO
OVDN
IFDN
OVBU LNK LNK LNK LNK
EMRT
MURT 19
RTPC NO
STIO
TSFT 20
HOML NO
RDNA NO
DAL NO
RPRT YES
RAGT 4
DURT 30
RSND 4
FCTH 20
CRQS 100
IVR NO
OBSC NO
OBPT 5

you MUST have RAN define in in the ACD Q before you can have music

I'm still missing something. I have music route 6 set up. I can get music by dialing the access code. I have a ran route, 21 set up and programmed to FRRT on the acd. I set up a second ran,route 22 to SRRT. Calls are still just ringing if no agent isin a ready state or if they are on calls.
I have no existing ran routes. I just defaulted or guessed on entries. Does anyone have an example of a ran route set up for this type configuration? When the call routes to the ran route, what/how is the call answered by the acd que?

Here is a RAN route;

>ld 21
PT1000

REQ: prt
TYPE: rdb
CUST 0
ROUT 20

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 20
DES RAN_20
TKTP RAN
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
VTRK NO
RTYP AUD
GRD IDLE
REP 1
POST DIS
RANH
STRT DDL
WAIT RGB
BDCT NO
ASUP NO
ACOD 3820
TARG
CDR NO
MUS NO
RACD NO
TTBL 0
OHTD NO
ALRM NO
SGRP 0
AACR NO

Also, you need to set the timers for each of the RAN routes.

FRRT=First Ran Route
FRT=Fist Ran Timer.

Same with the Second RAN Rout
SRRT
SRT

Calls still just ring and aren't answered by the que. Does anyone actually have this type of acd set up working?

Thanks
CWK

Hey poopus, do you think I would be posting information on how to do something that isn't working? This info was been taken out of my switch yesterday. So to answer your question, yes we have this scenerio working.

EddieDuece, No offense meant. Most folks seem to be using a ran annoucement machine like the Interalia Voice machine. My set up is more of an older setup. Just wanted to get info from someone actually using this setup. I have a music route designated but it still justs rings. I've got to be missing something simple but not sure what. This is the first actual acd call group I've tried to set up. We've never used a call center acd before. What I seem to be missing is what seizes the call and places it on a hold, (que state) when the agents are not ready? I have setup my acd, ran and music routes just as suggested in the posts. I still just get ringing. I am using a universal trunk card for my music and ran routes. What are the ran routes terminated to on the trunk card if not an annoucement machine? That is where my breakdown seems to be.

Poopus> cut a paste a copy of your ACD queue in question (like the one Eddie Duece posted) and it will be easy for someone to look at it and give you a definative answer.

Poopus, not offended here. We can all help you out, you just need to post what you have and we will fix it for you. Didn't mean to sound offended, sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back