Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

acd programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowvo

Technical User
Mar 17, 2006
I work on an option 61 and it has been in place for 10 years. They have an acd 5550 for reservations, currently 2 phones. if they are on a call the next call goes to a que and the 3rd call just rings and does not go to voice mail. Can anyone lead me as to where to go. I checked ld 23 and it looks like it should be going to v.m.(5600)but it isnt..any ideas

Do you want the 3rd caller to go to voicemail?
If so, then why have 5550 programmed as an ACD queue?
Just out the ACD programming on their TN's, OUT the ACD queue in LD 23, and reprogram their TN's to have MCR 5550, with the MARP'd TN hunting to voicemail.

The whole point of ACD is to prevent callers from going to voicemail (which prevents the administrative overhead of people having to check messages and making call backs)

ACD is just good business - the 3rd call should get music though, and maybe some on hold messages... not 'just ring'.

They used to have a the que go off site and they removed that about 2 months ago and they just informed me that they did that. but they said it still went to voice mail after the 3rd caller.

It doesn't sound like the queue is going to voicemail at all. If it were, it would at least answer - even if it answered and told you that 5550 was a mailbox not set up in the system, it should at least answer.

So, what exactly happens when you are the 3rd caller?
Do you get a ring no answer (just ring and ring and ring, until one of the Agents becomes available and then answers)?

Or do you get queued up to music/hold treatment until one of the Agents becomes available?

Basic ACD without Symposium, CCR, Genesys, etc...
Calls will just continue to ring until an agent becomes available or until the queue is closed.

Once the queue is closed (both logged out) the call will follow the NCFW treatment in the ACD programming.

Note: sorry above is assuming that you didn't specify a ran message in the ACD Programming in ld 23.

post the acd que... but the best answer is to take the acd out... two stations

key 0 mcr 5500
key 1 mcr 5500
key 2 scr xxxx

hunt to mail
fdn to mail
lhk to 2, give each station a unique key 2, make sure you have that dn as an ext on mb 5500..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

It does go to 2 differant ran message and it looks like the ran my be not working. They have decided to just go with mcr and that will work just great for what they do.

very old rule... keep it simple

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back