Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD Overflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

voipman

Technical User
Jan 9, 2005
US
The follwiong is my ACD queue, am I reading this right. If the queue 1820 lines are all busy the the calls overflow to 2749?

TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN 1820
MWC NO
DSAC NO
MAXP 24
BSCW NO
ISAP NO
AACQ NO
RGAI NO
ACAA NO
FRRT 36
FRT 2
SRRT 36
SRT 20
NRRT
FROA NO
NCFW 2749
FNCF NO
FORC NO
SPCP YES
OBTN NO
CWTH 1
NCWL NO
BYTH 0
OVTH 2047
TOFT 10
HPQ NO
OCN NO
OVDN 2749
IFDN
OVBU LNK LNK LNK LNK
EMRT
MURT 16
RTPC NO
HOML NO
RDNA NO
ACNT
DAL NO
RPRT YES
RAGT 4
DURT 30
RSND 4
FCTH 20
CRQS 100

You may want to change your over flow threshold to something smaller than the default 2047.

If they are busy it will go to que first like pbxn says. The NCFW is for when all agents are logged out.

OVTH 2047 call overflow. if equal 0 overflow when all
agents are busy
TOFT 10 time overflow
OVDN 2749

and the ovdn must be an acd group.. you can send it to a acd group with zero agents and it will follow the ncfw of that acd group... ie a menu service or a area bell connected to an analog port, we use that for overflow. then non agents use group pick up to handle that call

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Does the overflow threshold mean that 2,047 calls must be in queue before it overflows to the next queue? That would explain a different problem I'm having...

no it means that the ovdn is followed after 2047 seconds, a zero there would follow the ovdn on the next call after all agents busy

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

By default, when programming a queue, 2047 would be set on the ovth. It basically means that a call can and will "sit" in queue for 2047 seconds before it goes to its assigned over flow dn. I have worked in a call center, and I can tell 2047 seconds is a life time waiting.
You have to ask yourself and the business what they are wanting to accomplish with this queue. Ask them "when a call comes into queue, and there are no agents avail. to take the call, what do you want to have happen
A) have callers wait in queue for x amount of seconds before going to ovdn. or
B) have callers re-routed to ovdn, to a predetermained recording or mailbox.
Hope this helps
Brian

Thanks, all of this was helpful. I belive the overflow was meant to be much less than what is set here. I will have to discuss with the department

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back