Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

acd output to pc 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

etdsron

Vendor
Feb 14, 2008
US
Would like to get steps to produce the 4 acd reports to a pc running hyper terminal.
I have tty 1 set up for acd,
I have the SCB set up for STIO 1
I have the SCB set to print reports every half hour.
I get nothing out of my TTY 1 port not even garbage.

call it what you want, it's on a paddleboard on your backplane, there are dip switches on that paddleboard, they mean something, you need to tell us what they are set for, we cannot tell from here

There should be spaces in your SCB between each DOW. Is that a typo on your post? Also, do you get the ABC's when testing TTY?

Procomm is fine. Like the previous posts you need to know what the port speed is on the port in question. You will find this is a series of dip switches on the card.

Like I said in a previous post set the TTY up as a normal maintenance terminal and play with the procomm settings until you get a clean response when you hit enter and then change it back to an ACD printer port if you can not figure it out via the dip switches.

There are only 2 possibilities

1. communication parameters on PC do not match TTY
2. TTY is set up for DCE not DTE

etdsron you posted this above:

etdsron (Vendor) 15 Feb 08 8:40
Thanks for all your help.
I finally got the port to print to my lap top using procomm. The thing is I am only getting the ongoing status report, not the 4 reports I set up in LD 23.
Any ideas?

So since then the port stopped working at all?

I can probably set my laptop up again as Wyse 50 emulation 9600 8 1 none and set the stio in ld 23 to 1. Then I can change the prt 1 port back to tty 1 user acd and it will display the ongoing status report every 60 seconds. I can't have both reports trying to use the same port. It's either one or the other.

Look at STIO in the Queue again if you are getting status reports that is what you have built and that is a TTY . If you are looking for reports build a PRT and you will probably need a null modem Check ld 37 it should look like this if the printer port is good.

TTY 0 : ENBL DES: SYSMON
TTY 1 : ENBL DES: MAINTERM
TTY 2 : ENBL DES: CORE
TTY 3 : ENBL DES: CORE
TTY 4 : ENBL DES: CDR
TTY 5 : ENBL DES: SEB
TTY 7 : ENBL DES: acd_dis <<<< STIO in ACD queue
TTY 14 : ENBL DES: pty1
TTY 15 : DSBL DES: pty0
PRT 6 : ENBL DES: ACD <<< Reports PRIO in SCB

This is what happens if the printer is not connected correctly.

TTY 0 : ENBL DES: SYSMON
TTY 1 : ENBL DES: MAINTERM
TTY 2 : ENBL DES: CORE
TTY 3 : ENBL DES: CORE
TTY 4 : ENBL DES: CDR
TTY 5 : ENBL DES: SEB
TTY 7 : ENBL DES: acd_dis
TTY 14 : ENBL DES: pty1
TTY 15 : DSBL DES: pty0
PRT 6 : ENBL NRDY DES: ACD <<< needs null modem connector

Here is how the PRT for PRIO is built this is on an MSDL card:

ADAN PRT 6
CTYP MSDL
DNUM 6
PORT 0
DES ACD
BPS 9600
PARM RS232 DTE
BITL 8
STOP 1
PARY NONE
FUNC
USER ACD
CUST 00
SSUP NO
APRT YES
XSM NO
and the TTY for STIO also on an MSDL

ADAN TTY 7
CTYP MSDL
DNUM 7
PORT 0
DES acd_dis
BPS 9600
PARM RS232 DTE
BITL 8
STOP 1
PARY NONE
FUNC
USER ACD
CUST 00
SSUP YES
APRT NO
XSM NO

Thanks GreenB246,
What if I am using a qsdi card not an msdl?
And what if I'm using a PC with either procomm or hyper terminal instead of a printer?
I don't think I am getting the option to change the prams on the port.

If it is a QSDI, then you have to check the dip switches to see what the port is set up for. If the terminal/commport is working now then you have it right, doesn't matter what dumb terminal emulator you are using. Have you tried disabling and re enabling the port? What does the PRT look like when you stat in 37? I don't know how you are getting the Status diplay on a PRT at STIO i think it will only take a device built as TTY. The same for PRIO it will only take a PRT

I'm sending my reports directly to a pc in the switchroom connected to the pc's serial port. I have nothing for STIO on the ACD's. Here's my setup:

>ld 37
IOD000
.stat

TTY 0 : ENBL DES: SYSTEM_MONITOR
TTY 1 : ENBL DES: SWITCH_MODEM
TTY 2 : ENBL DES: J_25_CORE
TTY 3 : ENBL DES: J_21_Core
TTY 4 : ENBL DES: maint_terminal
TTY 5 : ENBL DES: defective
TTY 6 : ENBL DES: REMOTE_SDI
TTY 7 : ENBL DES: SWITCHTERMINAL
TTY 8 : ENBL DES: ACD_REPORTS
TTY 9 : ENBL DES: CDR
TTY 10 : ENBL DES: SITE_EVENT_BUFER
TTY 11 : ENBL DES: MAINT_TERM2
.****
OVL000
>ld 22
PT2000

REQ prt
TYPE adan tty 8

ADAN TTY 8
CTYP XSDI
DNUM 8
DES ACD_REPORTS
FLOW NO
USER ACD
CUST 00
SSUP NO
APRT YES
XSM NO

REQ end

>ld 23
ACD000
MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 2805757 USED U P: 826329 201769 TOT: 3833855
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 291 KBYTES
2MB BACKUP DISKETTE(S) NEEDED: 1 (PROJECTED LD43 - BKO)
ACD DNS AVAIL: 23982 USED: 18 TOT: 24000
REQ prt
TYPE scb
CUST 0

TYPE SCB
CUST 0
CPRD 01 01 12 31
SHR 1
EHR 23
DOW 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
RFRQ 1
SFRQ 2
ROPT 1 2 4
PRIO 8
PAGE NO
AID NO
TOT4 NO

I'm using Hyperterm 9600 8 N 1. Baud rate is set with dip switches on the card. I capture the text to a file on a network share and is renamed with the date when the pc reboots each night.

Thanks for the print out.
I will go try that set up tomorrow, but if I remember correctly, if I make the port a TTY it will not let me put the device number in PRIO in LD 23.

Read ALL of the posts. Troubleshooting tips are in there. You should have been able to fix this by now if you follow those tips. 49 posts for one thread is too much. Suggest you call a vendor. No offense but I think you need a higher skill level on this one.

I hate to say this, but he is the Vendor.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Oops I did not catch that either... Good catch ace. Guess he needs a subcontractor, call his tech support or Nortel.

Thanks to 1norteltech who gave me the information I needed to get this to work.
By the way I am not a Nortel vendor, but we do work on them because end users can't find anyone to work on the old stuff.
We tried to get away from it but they keep finding us and we can't turn them down.

I changed the PRT1 ADAN to A TTY1 ADAN and put in PRIO 1 just as you have it, the strange thing is I had to change the Baud from 9600 8 1 N to 9600 7 N 1. I had to do that with the CTY as well.
Thanks again.

My original dial in tty for a 61c was set for 9600 7 E 1. It's all in the dip switches. Have since changed to 9600 8 N 1 like everyone expects so the next guy can just set up his dialer and go with it. No need to have the next guy have the same pain. Thanks for posting the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back