Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD not going to proper voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarieCurie

Programmer
Jun 5, 2002
US
Hello all! I have ACD 87, which forwards to another ACD 4777. Neither one of these queues is meant to ring, but to just go into 4777's voicemail. The way it was set up before, 4777 was programmed as a 500 set, but with no set attached. When guests called 87, it would ring 4 times at 4777, then go to vm. The customer wants it to go directly to vm, without ringing. I have no more CFN options in the CDB, so I couln't change that. Instead, I changed 4777 to an ACD, with NCFW to vm. Now, when guests call 87, it forwards to 4777, then to vm, but is looking for 87's vm, instead of the box for 4777. Can this be fixed, so that NCFW on 4777 goes to 4777's voicemail, and not 87's voicemail (as it does not exist)?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Marie Curie

TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN 87
MWC NO
DSAC NO
MAXP 1
SDNB NO
BSCW NO
ISAP NO
AACQ NO
RGAI NO
ACAA NO
FRRT
SRRT
NRRT
FROA NO
NCFW 4777
FNCF NO
FORC NO
SPCP NO
OBTN NO
CWTH 1
NCWL NO
BYTH 0
OVTH 2047
TOFT NONE
HPQ NO
OCN NO
OVDN
IFDN
OVBU LNK LNK LNK LNK
EMRT
MURT
RTPC NO
STIO
TSFT 20
HOML YES
RDNA NO
DAL NO
RPRT YES
RAGT 4
DURT 30
RSND 4
FCTH 20
CRQS 100

TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN 4777
MWC NO
DSAC NO
MAXP 1
SDNB NO
BSCW NO
ISAP NO
AACQ NO
RGAI NO
ACAA NO
FRRT
SRRT
NRRT
FROA NO
NCFW 3650
FNCF NO
FORC NO
SPCP NO
OBTN NO
CWTH 1
NCWL NO
BYTH 0
OVTH 2047
TOFT NONE
HPQ NO
OCN NO
OVDN
IFDN
OVBU LNK LNK LNK LNK
EMRT
MURT
RTPC NO
STIO
TSFT 20
HOML YES
RDNA NO
DAL NO
RPRT YES
RAGT 4
DURT 30
RSND 4
FCTH 20
CRQS 100

If you're using Call Pilot, can't you add multiple extensions to a mailbox? I seem to recall having to do something like that before. Not sure about Meridian Mail.

Arch

------
Site Surveys
SourceBooks
Security Audits
Traffic Studies
Remote PBX Backups

No callpilot, just old-fashioned programming. To throw another wrench in this, I don't have access to the voicemail. Is there a way to make the ACD forward to 4777 voicemail through the PBX?

Marie Curie

to go to voice mail with zero rings, ld 23 new adc (addn=dn)
maxp= 1 (ncfw=voice mail dn),

second choice would be a soft phone with remote cfw to mail.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

As you can see from the printouts, I've tried this method of NCFW. My problem is that it is not going to the proper voicemail box. It should ultimately be sent to the voicemail box for 4777, but for some reason is being sent to a dead end in search of the box for 87. Is there a way to fix this?

Marie Curie

If you dont have access to the VM then you are S O L. You will have to add 87 as a secondary dn in the 4777 mailbox. The PBX remembers the first number dialed and when it rolls to VM (CallPilot or Mer Mail) it takes the original number to voice mail. If you add 87 to 4777 box as a secondary dn it will work.

Yes you can put more than on number on a mailbox (either type) by adding a secondary DN.

Thank you for the advice! I will try to work the voicemail angle then...

Marie Curie

the call will go to the box of the orinigal dialed dn. in your case 87.. what is 87?... two ways to spoof it, use an idc if it's comming in on a trunk. if it's a dn, send it out of the switch and then back in... the cradle to grave tracking from nortel takes you to mb 87, you can make 87 an ext dn on the mb. or add it to your voice service dn table pointing to the required voice service...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Either build a mailbox for 87 or add that extension to 4777's mailbox.

Sorry missed the no access to mail part. You can biuld the 500 set back then do a call Forward all Calls to vmail. Then take the phone away this way it would not ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back