Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD Licenses - MCD 4.2 to MCD 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieV3

Programmer
Mar 8, 2006
GB
Good Morning,

We upgraded one of our remote MXe III's on the weekend, moving from MCD 4.2 to MCD 5.0.

Pre upgrade, using the software installation tool, we checked our ACD licenses, which showed 72 both before and after the sync.

The upgrade failed a couple of times, so we were forced to perform a full install, re-sync the licenses, and the restore the db. The ACD licenses now showed 16. We found that this was the reason for the upgrade failing.

Can anyone shed any light as to why ACD licenses, valid on MCD 4.2, would not be valid on MCD 5.0?

Thanks.

There is no reason that I know of that licenses valid in 4.2 would not be valid in 5.0 software. The question then becomes did some go in and move licenses from the account? It would have been nice to know what was in the AMC before you did the upgrade so you would have had a comparison.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Hi LoopyLou,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've been told nobody changed anything, and I agree with you, I would very much like to have seen what was assigned to our ARID.

It wouldn't have anything to do with resilient Agent licensing would it? Just clutching at straws here. Looks like we're going to have to buy more licenses....

Thanks

Don't think so. What does the AMC say now for ACD license?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

The AMC now shows 16. Well actually, it did, but we've moved a number of licenses across from another site. (No cluster wide DLM yet, some sites are still 4.2).

I've asked our reseller for an Application Record History report from the AMC for the ARID. Will let you know what I find.

I would ask for that history because it sounds like licenses were moved between systems.

I've found the issue.

We paid for Enterprise Active Agent Licenses, the CP charged us for them, but it looks like they supplied us with Resilient Active Agent Licenses, which we can't use as ACD licenses now we've upgraded.

Still think you can use them but they typically are only on a secondary 3300 so that if you agents are resilient they can fail over to that controller.

It won't let me use them. It actually caused an upgrade to fail.

After the Enterprise Agent licenses limit was breached we started getting messages on the handsets indicating no licenses were available. Our call centre staff were quite worried for a while.

@Loopylou, I'm pretty sure that Resilient ACD agents need to be HotDesk Agents and that there is no licensing required on the resilient controller

@EddieV3, I think you'll have to get the proper licence.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back