Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD call center setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2007
US
I have 3 ACD phones setup for 3 secretaries to answer calls for 25 attorneys. The way it's setup is a call comes into the attorneys phone, rings 3 times then FDN to the ACD queue of the 3 secretaries handling these calls and at the end of the day they put there phones in make busy so that if an attorney gets a call and the ACD sets assigned to that attorney is in make busy, then the call will be forwarded to the attorney's voice mail. This is working fine, but the problem is at the end of the day the secretaries are told to make sure they put there phones in make busy, but sometimes they forget to do that and causes any callers at that time to get a ring no answer. If one of the ACD sets were not put in make busy and a call comes into the queue but will not be answered, is there a way to have that caller after a certain amount of rings in the queue be forwarded back to the attorney's voice mail they wished to speak to?
I have a Opt 81 running on rel 3.0, I don't have symposium.

Go into LD 23 and and change the ACD queue of the agents. Set RTQT (return to queue timer)to the number of ring cycles you want before the phone is automatically placed in make busy. I always set it to 4.

Then change prompt RTQO (return to queue option) to MSB. the default is NRD (not ready).

The 1st call to reach the queue when an agent left her set active will ring 4 times (or 8 times if 2 agents forget and 12 times if all 3 forget) then the NCFW of that queue will take over. All subsequent calls will go straight to the NCFW destination as now the set(s) will all be in Make Busy.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Thanks for the quick reply telebub!
I made the change and tested. After the 3rd ring to the attorney phone I was then forwarded to the ACD queue but kept ringing in that queue after the 4th ring even if I changed the prompt RTQT to 4 and RTQO to MSB. I attached a print out of the ACD queue and 1 of the ACD sets. Maybe I'm missing something else?

TYPE ACD
CUST 0
ACDN 1027
MWC YES
IMS NO
MAXP 2
SDNB NO
BSCW NO
ISAP NO
AACQ NO
RGAI NO
ACAA NO
FRRT
SRRT
NRRT
FROA NO
NCFW 5170
FNCF NO
FORC NO
RTQT 4
RTQO MSB
SPCP NO
OBTN NO
RAO NO
CWTH 1
NCWL NO
BYTH 10
OVTH 2047
TOFT NONE
HPQ NO
OCN NO
OVDN
IFDN
OVBU LNK LNK LNK LNK
EMRT
MURT
RTPC NO
RAGT 4
DURT 30
RSND 4
FCTH 20
CRQS 100
IVR NO
OBSC NO
OBPT 5

------------------------------

DES TEST2
TN 032 0 04 00
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
AOM 0
FDN 5170
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 5
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
SCPW
CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA ADD HFD
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD FITD CNTD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTC DNDY DNO3 MCBN

CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 5170
LHK 5
PLEV 02
SPID NONE
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
PRI 01
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 ACD 1027 0 3001
AGN
01 NRD
02 MSB
05 SCR 1032 0 MARP
CPND
NAME TEST2
XPLN 5
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
09 TRN
10 AO6
11 MWK 5170
12 DSP
DATE 5 FEB 2009

Let's say you have three ACD phones - each is logged in (not on MSB) and none are manned. Three empty desks ready to take calls.

In your scenario, your going to try each phone for four rings, then all the sets will have been put in MSB. It is at that point that "new" calls will go to the NCFW.

I don't know for sure if the active call - the one that was never answered, actually goes to the NCFW. But the point is, wait for like 15 rings and see :)

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | CS1000 Programming and Feature Guides | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

There are no RAN routes defined in the queue so if one of the sets was in Not Ready, then your call will just ring open. Verify both sets are either idle or verify one is idle and the other is in Make Busy. Ensure that neither set is in Not Ready. Remember, it will take 8 rings to busy out both sets if they are idle and don't answer.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Sure he could remove them. With no RAN routes defined, Not Ready is a bad thing. If one set was on an ACD call and the other was in Not Ready, then the 3rd call will get ring open until the one agent becomes idle or the other presses their Not Ready key and becomes idle. I would remove them and make them only use the Make Busy key.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Thanks for the feed back, but for some reason I still have no luck with this. I made sure one ACD sets were in MSB, not using NRD and had one set logged in. I made a call to a phone I had programmed to FDN to this ACD group after 3 rings. Once my call forwards to this queue, I'd be stuck in it and I let it ring for like 30 times to see what happens, but nothing.

what do you get when you just dial 1027 - with both agent set logged out and with it in MSB?

I believe that the call that forces the queue into MSB is going to go nowhere - but subsequent calls will work.

So, for your test: Call the Lawyer, let it go to the ACD phones - let it ring off the hook. Now make a second call - that one should go to voice mail.

The RTQO feature might have that limitation...the call that closed the queue is sacrificed for all future calls to benefit from.

If it were me, I would not use ACD in this scenario. One reason is the secretary team cannot "juggle" calls using ACD (i.e. hold one call and take others while the client waits)

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | CS1000 Programming and Feature Guides | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

I agree with GHTROUT. I would use MCR keys for this.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Ok I tried again and it worked but it seems like the first call in has to be sacrificed then the following call activates MSB on the logged in ACD set allowing the caller and any future calls to go to the persons voicemail they wished to speak to. I guess this will have to do for now. But is there a way to have even the first call that forwards to the queue and is not answered eventually revert back to voicemail of the person they wished to speak to?

RTQO and RTQT is designed for that purpose. I bet if you perform the test yyrkroon suggested by dialing 1027 directly it would work immediately. Apparently GHTROUT hit it on the head when he said

"The RTQO feature might have that limitation...the call that closed the queue is sacrificed for all future calls to benefit from."

So in other words, no I can't think of a way to revert the initial call except to place big notes on the agent's door that says "DID YOU PRESS MAKE BUSY?"

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Hey telebub, the funny thing is that a had already placed big notes warning these agents to use the MSB key when they step away from there phone, but I'm sure you know how difficult it is to know how to press a simple button for some people in this work force. I expressed my opinion to the firm about using this method of answering calls but they insisted on getting this out on the floor. Now I'm stuck trying to tweak there dumb idea.

Everyone's help on this post is greatly appreciated, and if there are any more idea's to help me with this would be awesome!

Many times management tries to get technology to take the place of training/procedure. It sounds like a coaching issue now more than an actual problem.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back