Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD Agents can't login.

Status
Not open for further replies.

voicetec1

Technical User
Jul 15, 2011
US
Good Morning All

Our system is a CS1000M 5.0 rls. We have an ACD group using 1150E phones. from time to time agents complain that they can not login. The sets are powered and in service. I have found that if I call their dn and set up a call to them and tell them to press their In Calls key they are presented with the normal login and enter their id and all is well.

I wondered if this was a known problem and if there is a patch out?

Any insight is appreciated.
Thank You All

Hmmm it must not be picking up an 'off hook' signal. What type of headsets are you using ... and silly question but if they forget to plug in to their quick disconnect (if they use that) they won't be able to login (unless you call them as mentioned). We don't have 1150 phones but I tried this on an 1140. We have had agents forget to plug in or have a bad connection on the QD.

Just had a trouble ticket on this same problem. User was not lifting handset, pressing handset or in any way getting dial tone to log in. Getting dial tone is neccessary when communicating with the PBX via dialpad.

Thanks for the replies.

The agents are seasoned veterns and the headsets are new as are the 1150E sets. As far as getting dial tone when they press the In-Calls key I will check the next time it happens.

Now that I read this again, I am left thinking if you have a Contact Center issue ... or do you have Symposium with your 5.0 system ... could be a patch or firmware? You say the 1150E phones are 'new' what phones did you use prior?

We have had this exact issue with even veteran reps in our call center. Always comes back to a headset amplifier with bad or weak batteries, power cord for amplifier is unplugged or bad, cable from phone to amplifier is bad, etc.

What we have begun doing it removing the amplifiers and using the Jabra smart cords to plug directly into the headset port. This has fixed the issue with the agent not being able to login and also saves us money on batteries.

Plantronics makes a cord similar to the Jabra smart cord for their headsets.

You don't hear dial tone to login but you do have to be off hook.. You press the ACD IN Calls key and put in your agent ID. If you have Symposium that agent ID is followed by a # I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back