Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACD Agent Groups - Skipping Agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Mckevitt

Systems Engineer
Mar 12, 2018
GB
Hi - Was hoping someone maybe able to shed some light on a weird issue we are having

We are running MIVB v9 along with MICC v9 and for some reason when placing a call in to a queue it doesnt always go to the agent with the longest idle time. My understanding is that by default this is how it works but when testing it will sometimes jump one sometimes two agents who have been sat waiting in idle for a call and go to the 3rd agent in the queue.

I cant see anything whereby you can change how this works and it doesnt seem to be happening with any other queues we have with different agents

Has anyone come across this before?

Cheers

Rich

Many thanks Richard

do all the agents have the same skill level in the queue group?

We dont use skill levels in this agent Grp attached to the queue.

Cheers

Many thanks Richard

How are you determining the longest idle?

E.g. Reporting via MiCC or just winging it or other?

A live view via Web Ignite - So looking on Ignite at the Group I will sometimes see agent 1 idle for 10 mins, agent 2 idle for 4 mins and agent 3 idle for 1 min - A call will come in via the queue and go to agent 3 - skipping the two longer idle agents

Many thanks Richard

Although your 3rd agent may show less idle time, they may have been on a non-acd call and therefore that is not included in the ACD idle time calculation.

From the manual:
"Idle time is calculated from completion of an agent's last ACD call or from when they last went active. An agent is considered active when they are logged in and present in at least one ACD group but not in DND, Make Busy or while a work timer is running. [highlight #FCE94F]Non-ACD calls are not considered in the idle time calculation[/highlight]."

OK - So whilst making an outbound call and completing it will reset the Idle clock - the real Idle time since ACD call would be different to what we see on the Ignite screen?

This makes sense as to why I am seeing the jumps - shame you cant see an Idle since last ACD/Group call

Many thanks Richard

If you use real time agent reporting via MiCC you will see the true availability.

The agents will show as available and idle.

Any call will change the position, ACD or otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back