Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accumulate quantity and amount dynamically

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSBrady

Technical User
Mar 1, 2005
US
Oy!
Crystal 2008
Oracle db
Epic data

I have a report that is nearly finished. One last thing the user wants is quantity and amounts billed PER RevId. Group 5 is table.REV_CODE_ID, and they want the summary displayed in GF2 table.ADMIT_DATE_TIME. GF 2 currently contains a subtotal of table.QUANTITY and table.TX_AMOUNT using the standard SUM. Now they want a nifty little "window" next to that showing how those subtotals break out by RevId. I would rather not use a subreport if possible. I will not know which RevID's are in each group, hence the need for the solution to be dynamic.

The intervening groups might be relevant, but you haven't revealed what they are. Try inserting a crosstab in the GF2 that uses revID as the row, and sums the qty and amt.

-LB

Thanks LB, and that works, but they don't want the crosstab. They want it displayed as a field.

0123 RevCodeName {Qty} {Amount} chr(13)
0456 RevCodeName {Qty} {Amount} chr(13)
etc

Group 1 is Guarantor
Group 2 is Account Admit Date
Group 3 is Department ID
Group 4 is Patient ID
Group 5 is Rev Code ID

You can get the exact same effect using a crosstab. Just remove the gridlines, and format the summaries to display horizontally (no labels). If you are adding the Name field, make that the second row and on the customize style tab, check "suppress subtotal" for the rows.

-LB

Yep that's it. I thought that Display Horizontally button turned the text 90 degrees counterclockwise so I didn't use it. I had it flipped in my mind b/c it seemed the default was horizontal. Anyway.
thanks LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back