Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accpac System- Archive all data 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cshigley

MIS
Feb 10, 2009
CN
I have an office in Malaysia that is going to close that has Accpac v 6.1A installed, running in DOS on an NT server. I've drawn the task of extracting all data to support future audit/tax requests. Is there a good site for documentation/tips/tutorial on how Accpac is structured, what database it runs on and how best to extract the existing data? I've checked all over the web, but haven't found much that is helpful, other than some posts on this site.

I'm moving the server to Singapore, but we will need to keep the data for at least 5 years for statutory purposes, and I'm not optimistic the NT machine will survive that long. I'd like to extract everything into Excel or Access.
I've worked with a number of other ERP systems before- JDE, SAP, Baan, and Syspro, but not with Accpac.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Accpac Plus 6.1 is a DOS program and uses a legacy ISAM file structure as a database. There are some export functions, look under the Housekeeping menu of each module. The best advice would be to keep a safe copy of both the data and program files for archival purposes, this will still be the best option for reporting.

There are no such sites, except maybe this one. It runs on a proprietary ISAM database, and I doubt you'll be able to find the ODBC add-on product anymore. If you don't have the QuikReports add-on, your best bet is to go into Accpac Plus and print all the reports to file, that's what I did recently in a similar situation as yours, and the lawyers were happy.

There is another site -
There is a program called GridView, from Softrak, that will look at the fields in ACCPAC Plus data files and let you export them to Excel.

But, as Etienne says, it would be far easier to keep a copy of the programs and data. Make sure you copy the hidden files as well.

MKS Consulting Company
NJ USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back