Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AccPac Plus: Printer setup? Shared PC/printer name change

Status
Not open for further replies.

OWize1

MIS
Apr 24, 2002
CA
All AccPac Plus users print to one printer. That printer is directly attached to an NT workstation PC and shared as "HP6p". The PC has been rebuilt and the PC's name changed. No-one can print from AccPac to that printer now. All other Windows Apps can print to it.
What configuration changes do I need to do?
Each remote workstation is setup as LPT1: = \\COMPUTER003\HP6P

What is the new name of the PC and has the capture command been changed to the computer name?

Regards

e

This network consists of a single Windows2000 server and all workstations are either NT workstation or Windows2000 Professional. Although each wkstn in question has an HP6p driver installed using the LPT1 port, this old DOS version of Accpac needs a DOS "capture" command.
The login script was updated to include "net use LPT1: \\COMPUTER003\HP6p"

Hi,

If you go into accpac, f3, printer setup, printers. Select your printer and select the port and save. Might be easier to set them all to LPT:2 or 3, ave you future changes, ie.: add local printer.

Regards

e

I have a similar problem. I need to install a printer onto an existing accpac system with another printer already on the system. The system has 12 terminals. A workstation is used as a print server. Does each workstation need to be setup through f3 etc & it will work or not?

Thanks

Use NET USE LPTx <sharename>, and select a driver like HP4.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back