Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACCPAC Plus AP Housekeeping Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alyork

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2000
CA
And yes we are still running ACCPAC Plus for DOS under Windows 2000 and XP.

We haven't had a need to go into AP housekeeing for years and now that I have to use the AP housekeeping to change some cheque specifications for the new Canadian cheque standards, both the AP 6.5A "Edit Company Profile" and "Maintain specification" causes an "Error: This function is not available press f2".

Everything else under the House Keeping menu works OK.

The AP patch is at 0000907.

All the other modules GL, AR, OE, etc., work just fine. Its just AP that has the problem.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this one?

And before its mentioned, yes we know ACCPAC Plus won't print the new Canadian cheques properly so we are planning to use LaserCheck.

Thanks - Al

If it was only that easy. Its only me in the system.

Unless their is some file lock somewhere that is stuck.

Just in case, I deleted all the EZSEMTAB.xxx files just in case but that made no difference.

It's been too many years (and too many beers) since I've had to work on Plus. I checked all the forums and archives at Sage, but didn't find anything. You're rights, the EZSEM files are the temp files for Plus. Maybe flush the SWAP folder?

Open the menu file (APMRSC.LD4) in a text editor. Find the menu item "Maintain specification". there is a number next to it (something like 5200 but could also be something like 'spec').

Now look in the APASP directory for APxxxx.LD4 (the number you found). It is probably missing. See if you can find a copy of this LD4 file.
I should not even remember this .....

Its amazing what we store in our memories - thanks EtienneG.

And yes that was the problem and replacing the missing file solved the problem.

- Al

You're welcome. Glad I could still dig that up in the memory archives. I guess after 15 years it's difficult to forget. But I try ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back