Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accpac/Pervasive Error 49153/3106

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markrw

MIS
Dec 4, 2002
US
Over this past weekend we switched servers and all of NT workstartions now cannot run Accpac. The one W2K workstation works fine. When you try to run Accpac the program launchs put when you try to login to the database you get the error 49153, cannot connect to the database. In looking deeper I find I am getting the Betrieve error 3106. I am not familure with Persaive so am I not sure where to go from here any help would be greatly appreciated.

Although you didn't state it you must be talking about "Advantage". In this case (if you don't get a reply in Tek-Tips) you should call tech support or go to I've seen this problem posted there before but I work with ACCPAC "Plus" and can't help you out (sorry).

Good luck,

Rick Lee

Hi, Mark,

What is your ACCPAC installation strategy, Peer-To-Peer or Client/Server? I also got the 49153 error and actually it is Btrieve 166 error that is different with yours. If you use Pervasive Function Executor or DBSpy, you should get some exact error message related to error 49153. In my case, it is "Another gateway computer takes the database". My guess is I need install Pervasive Workgroup, did you encounter the case before?

another question: do you have pervasive workgroup installed? If you did, that cd is shipped with AAS or indepently?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back