Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACCPAC Macro Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProdoMan

Technical User
Nov 14, 2001
CA
Hello,
I am trying to automate ACCPAC for DOS (v6.1) so it will 'dump' specific reports to a file on our server. I would like the macro to run around 2 am (therefore no users). What do I need to do? What should I write? and can I do this in the macro section of ACCPAC.

I know what the first line should be:

CHOICE "3. Transaction processing", ....

it is after that where I am lost....

Please help! :)

Thanks,

P

Hi,

you can use the "learn" function to actually record the macro as you do the procedure you need the macro to run for you. See the system manager manual. the running at 2:00 am is a bit harder, there is an add-on called "macro manager" as well as one called "back-up manager" these both allow the running of external programs or batch files. hope that helps a little.

Regards

e

The macro language has a "WAIT" command. Check your Windowing System Manager (WSM) manual for all the commands in the language and correct syntax. Note the more current the WSM the more power you will get. The current version is 7.0. I like the extra security in this version.

Hope this helps,

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back