Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACCPAC Cannot post batch instantaneously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jemming

MIS
Mar 6, 2009
CN
Dear all

I am using ACCPAC 5.5 under Windows XP.

I posted several AR Invoices, and then I posted them to General Ledger. No errors were reported during those operations. But when I run the income statement, those sales were not in there. In the next day, I run the income statement again, those sales I posted yesterday appeared on the income statement.

Can anybody tell me why this is happening. When a batch is posted, it is supposed to transfer data instantaneously to General Ledger and PL. But there is a delay in my ACCPAC. What should I do?

Thanks

There is no delay, I think you are mistaken and the GL batches were not posted.

Check in AR the GL integration setting - You may have set it as Create a new batch and NOT Creating and posting a New Batch.
If this is the case, then a GL batch would have been created and it would not have updated your sales figures until the GL batch was posted, which is what somebody could have done later when checking the GL batch files not posted which then cused it ot be in the figures at a later date.

Thank you for your guys. Problem solved. Indeed, there is no delay. It's my accountant who thought she had posted the batch at GL level, but actually not. And I trusted what she said and thought ACCPAC might be to blame. After reading your replies, I run the batch posting history and found the time when batches were posted. With this evidence, my accountant realized that her memory was wrong. Thank you ettienne and IDLSYS. I really appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back