Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accpac bulk group code change

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolenee

Technical User
Aug 9, 2012
US
Hello,

I accidentally submitted orders- about 700 of them- each a unique customer with the wrong group code. These orders have been shipped, invoiced, and the batches posted. Is there a way to go back in and change their group code after this has been done?

The fastest is to export AR customers, then import the same file without changes, but change the group code on the import screen to what you want it to be.

Can I export the customers I submitted in the wrong group, do a find and replace to the correct group and then export back in?

Yes, you can update the customers, you just can't change the invoices.

Export back in" = import. See my reply above.
It's not really clear what you want to do, this is assuming you simply want to change the customer's group in AR customers.

The objective is to record the sales to the correct group. When we look at the sales report we want these customers sales to be displayed in the correct group.

That depends on how you wrote the report. What table are you getting the group code from?

That's not an Accpac screen. Contact the person who wrote the views. And you'll have to do a SQL update to change the group code.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but the customer group code (IDGRP) appears in one 1 table in the database: in AR customers (ARCUS). It is not recorded anywhere in OE in the invoice table (OEINVH) or the sales history table (OESHDT).

True, but it is in OEORDH and OESHIH, and we can't tell from the screenshot how the view was defined.

Rolenee -

Update the customer master and see if your numbers change. That will prove whether the IDGRP is coming from ARCUS or somewhere else.

I updated the customer master and it worked like a charm[bigsmile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back