Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accpac Advantage 5.0A Performance Issue in Citrix Metaframe XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

casmith

IS-IT--Management
Dec 24, 2001
CA
Has anyone encountered any unusual performance issues with report generation in Accpac Advantage 5.0A? I’m looking for any suggestions on how we could improve performance.
The application itself is lightning fast… but the report generation aspect is brutal.

Our test lab benchmarks actually resulted in times twice as long as our workgroup Pervasive setup. Should the results not at least be on par (if not faster) than the peer-to-peer environment we are currently using?

Here’s an overview of our network:

Server1
- Dual P3 700 Xeon CPU, 4GB RAM, 60GB RAID 5, 100 Mb NIC
- Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP2, Citrix MetaFrame XP FR2, MS SQL2000

Server2
- Dual P3 700 Xeon CPU, 4GB RAM, 60GB RAID 5, 100 Mb NIC
- Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP2, Citrix MetaFrame XP, Accpac Advantage 5.0A (AP, AR, GL, Lanpak, System Manager), Crystal Reports Enterprise 8.0

Server3
– P4 1.7GHz, 256MB RAM, 60GB, 100 Mb NIC
- Windows 2000 Server SP2, Exchange 5.5 SP3

Topology - Switched Ethernet (Cisco 2950)

Chris Smith
Information Technology
CMHA Cochrane Timiskaming Branch

Rick,

I haven't yet. I've been waiting to see some positive feedback on SP3 before I install it. Have you seen instances of SP3 improving performance in Accpac?

Chris

Chris,

I haven't heard much about SP3 yet and it was just an idea to try. MS-SQL has a special version to support multiple chips are you using that version? If not *maybe* a box with a single CPU would be faster.

When you say ACCPAC you should make the distinction of ACCPAC Advantage because the design of ACCPAC Plus means it'll run circles around anything ;-) With 60GB Accpac Plus could track the entire population of Canada.

Anyway, good Luck in your testing and thanks for letting us know your results.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back