Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accpac 6 (something,DOS Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibgo22

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2004
ZA
Good day, I would like to install a printer in Accpac 6.2 (or something) but hvae never used the program before. I know that it has to be setup in windows, choose lpt port. Then press F3 in the program, select the printer, in this case it would be a generic because it doesn't have the Seiko Precision BP9000 drivers. Than onto the settings for CPI, LPI, etc. I am stuck at the point after the drivers are installed. The settings not sure how to set it up.

There are 12 terminals/users/ with a another workstation serving as the print server. The printer will not be connected to the server directly, there is another printer on the system already, exactly the same printer.

Does each termainal have to be setup in the same way as the print server? The paper being used on the print will be slighlty smaller than A4.

Thanks

Use the NET USE LPTx command to map the printer, and select a driver like HP4.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

how to do that, sorry i know nothing about accounting packages.

if we can chat in a chat room that would be great. this i have no familiarity about.

Thanks

This has nothing to do with accounting packages, it's basic knowledge about Windows and DOS. Research the NET USE command.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

Get to a command prompt and type the following (inserting your printer names):

net use /persistent:yes lpt1: \\servername\printername

and press <Enter> and wait for it to say successful or not.

Of course, you might have to use lpt2: or even lpt3: depending on your setup.

If you don't use the /persistent:yes, you could easily end up having to do the net use command daily...

Good luck!
Teresa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back