Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accpac 4.2 and Terminal Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

tektonic

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2003
CA
One of our clients have a Windows 2000 Terminal Server and Accpac Corporate series 4.2 Recenly they decided that they need to run it from a session. The accpac consultant came to set it up. And it works, but only if you are part of the domain administrators group.
If you are not a domain administrator, when you try to run the program from a session you receive the error " You do not have a license to use this product."
The consultant really does not have a clue about terminal services domain controllers and active directory. We are kind of stuck.

The users in question can still run accpac from their local computer and access the data files on the server. Does anybody know how to get around that.

We are just the IT Department here and we do not have access to ACCPAC tech support, and obviously our consultant from accpac is of no help to us.

Thanks in advance.

I'm still new to all this, but as far as I know you need to grant all Accpac users full access rights to the folders (both for the program and the data) they use on the server.

We have actually fixed it. We did try your suggestion however that was not it. The problem was permissions yes, but not to the program files but to the actual registry. To fix this using regedit32 you must go to
hkey_local_machine, highlight the software subkey,
then from the tool bar, click on security then permissions.

In the permission entry for Software check and allow the following entries:
Query value
Set value
Create subkey
Ennumerate subkey
Notify
Delete
Read control

Then click ok and apply.

that does it.

Old topic I know, but I've run across the same with our install here. I have checked the data and program files directory on the Accpac server and all rights and permissions are in place. I have also checked the software key in the registry on the server and have verified the permissions above are selected. Still no dice. I'm at a complete loss.

We are licensed for 13 lan-pak users, so this can't be the problem. Pervasive and the Accpac workstation app is installed on the termserver just in case.

Any other ideas from anybody out there?

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back