Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACCOUNT REGISTER 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nfoley

Technical User
Jan 7, 2003
US
I am using PT Complete 2002,

I was in payment manager and did a check run. Everything ran fine, the payments show on the vendor ledgers and purchase/receive inventory screen. When finished I closed out the software. When I open the application, go to reports, account reconciliation, and select Account Register, nothing shows for that period (the date is within the period I am working in). However, if I look at Reports, Accounts Payable, Check register, the check run shows. I did a data verification and there were no errors. How can I get the account register to update and show the checks and balance in the account?
Thanks for your ideas and suggestions!!!

Double-check the date of the checks and the current accounting period you are in. For example, if your checks were printed in June, but your accounting period is May, the checks will not show up in the account reconciliation until you get to the June accounting period.

I've seen this problem a number of times with my client data. Here is the fix.
1. Make a data backup
2. Change to Accounting Period #1
3. Run these three integrity checks - ONE AT A TIME!
Reindex Jrnl Header
Reindex Jrnl Row
Reindex Chart
4. Run the Data Verification test under the File menu.

This should resolve the problem.

Diane Koers
Co-author Peachtree 8 for Dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back