Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Account Password & .EXE files Not accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmiller11

MIS
Jan 20, 2003
US
I just got a new machine with XP on it...I have two issues with Outlook Express that I would like to get fixed..

1. Is there a way to have it accept all files instead of going into the Registry and specifying each and every file extension? Actually the atricle in the knowledge base was for Outlook and not outlook express. I would prefer to put in the extensions that DO NOT want to receive in email.

2. My one email accout can not connect no matter what password I put in. I got back to my old machine on win2000 and it receives the mail. Is there a password file or something that I have to delete to reset it so it doesn't default to the original password I put in which was wrong?

1. Tools, Options, Security tab, deslect 'Do not allow attachments....virus'. The article you read about Outlook would not work for OE.

2. If I understand correctly: the original mail account password was wrong and you have now corrected it (in Tools, Accounts, Properties, Servers tab), but it is still not being accepted? The easiset thing to do might be to delete the mail account and recreate it.

Yes, I have deleted it, and still have the same problem with it. I can access the email account with another computer putting in the password, tha tis why I was thinking the XP was over riding what I was putting in with saved passwords..... I had that problem a while back and don't remember how I fixed it. I had to delete something in Windows 2000 Pro. It was for another machine on our network.

I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. CAN'T I JUST COPY THE PASSWORDS FILES FROM THE OLD MACHINE? WHAT FILE WOULD I COPY OVER?

SSonnier, start a new thread. This one's over a year old & I'm not sure exactly what passwords you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back