Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Account Lockout not happenning

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwgreen

Programmer
Mar 23, 2006
CA
I am having a strange problem here. I have set an Account Lockout policy in the Default Domain Policy on the DC. I rebooted my workstation to make sure that things get applied. I have defined a test account to verifyu if the lockout is happenning - it doesn't get locked no matter how many tries I do. I've checked the policies on the machine - they seem correct. I've set the lockout to 3 attempts - I can do 6, then use the correct password and I am right in.

Any ideas anyone?

We have a single domain, with 3 domain controlers. I checked dcdiag and repadmin - I didn't see any errors in either.

Can you run gpresult from a dos prompt and see if the policy is being applied?

Also run rsop.msc and see if the specific policy entry is being applied.

Thanks,
Andrew

[medal] Hard work often pays off over time, but procrastination pays off right now!

I've checked those - according to gpresult and rsop.msc the policy is there, it just doesn't seem to be enforced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back