Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Account Lockout greyed out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2000
US
I am unable to unlock someones account once they are locked out. I go to User Manager for Domains and the box that should be unchecked is greyed out so I can't do anything. Does anyone why? Thanks.

Sounds like the account is expired. Administrators can set a "life span" for a user. Check the progile for expiration date... Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2000

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please check out

Are your BDC and PDC's talking? I have seen the same problem when a BDC on a remote branch does not update proplerly and the user locks themselves out of the BDC, but it does not update the PDC with the lockout. Try forcing a sync in Server Manger and then check the Event log to make sure they have completed the updates.

I synchronized my domain from the PDC but did not see anything in Event Viewer that it worked. Is there any other way to see if hte PDC is talking to the BDC??

Yes. Open User Manager for Domains from the BDC. User Manager for Domains _always_ queries the PDC for a user list, regardless of where it's run. If your PDC is down or the BDC can't find it, UMFD won't open.

Use Server Manager from the PDC to manage the BDC. That should test the ability of the PDC to make a complex connection to the BDC.

Check the event log on the BDC to see if there are any recorded errors having to do with a failure to synchronize with the PDC.

ShackDaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back