Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Account keeps disabling

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhollaway

MIS
Aug 8, 2002
US
I have a user in our company whose account constantly disables every couple of hours. I have given her a new SID, a new IP, reimaged her PC, confirmed she is not logged on to any other workstations, and it seems to only happen at one specific machine. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Do you use roaming profiles or are they all local? Does it still disable her account if she logs into another machine all together?
Scarecrow

I had the same problem with a user on our network - I noticed (1) that he had recently changed his password and (2) was using a 'Terminal Services Client' to log in to our accounts system (using his Network username and password). As a work around I reset his password history and asked him to re-enter the password he had previous to changing it. Glad to say this worked but what happens when his password expires again?

She is not using Terminal Services and it works fine when she logs onto another workstation. Baffling, huh?

Shannonp1...How did you reset his password history?...Sounds like a good thing to know how to do :) AJ
SA
HS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back