Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Account Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

avaya13

Technical User
Dec 3, 2001
MK
Hello there. I am a new with Panasonic so can somebody tell me the steps how to program account codes step by step. Thank you.

MKD

i need to know what type of account code you wish to know about..

1. account code to identify the customer you are calling

2 account code to stop users from makeing calls without an account code ( pin no: )

I need to set account code to stop users from makeing calls wthout account code

any one who has not a certified tech/dealer has no business
whith the programing utility or be into programing .

I don’t know why you are so angry to me; I just won’t some help, nothing else.
For your information I am an AVAYA certified engineer and just trying with Panasonic.

I am not angry I am telling it like it is
if you have a tda in front of you now and the programing utility someone has broke there agreement with panasonic
or you you are back dooring the original vendor .and being a avaya tech may get you a cup of instant coffee .bottom line go thru the proper channels to get into the school.

The problem is that here we don’t have Panasonic representative for the PBX.
That way I am using this forum to try to fix this problem.

MKD

put your zipcode in on panasonics web site and you
will have 5 to chose from if you have a modem card in it
the whole thing can be done with a dial up.

However please can you find for me the dealer for my zip code
1000, Republic of Macedonia

Hey cwc, just wondering, (and don't take this the wrong way, i mean no offence)how would some one having a tda and the maint. console in front of them break an agreement with panasonic.

Here in aus, the console is provided free of charge to dealers and can have access levels assigned to it to restrict certain programming features on it.

Panasonic allow dealers to provide the console to customers on the proviso that if we do, we don't charge for the software, just the installation of it and training on the product.

So 1) that allows a non certified person to use the program.
and thus 2) no one has broken any agreement with panasonic.

By your reasoning you're saying that if I had a TDA installed at my business, and if I had access to a maintenace console with a high level of access, that I and the vendor involved would be in breech of an agreement. Does Panasonic US have some sort of agreement to this effect with its US dealers???

Hay people may intention was not to produce a argue about that issue.
I just need some help, can somebody help me or not.
Thank you

MKD

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Go to Extension -> Wired Extension -> Extension Settings
Set all phones that you want to restrict from calling out unless they use a PIN to COS 7.

Then go to Feature -> Verified Code
Enter in some codes here. Each code can be a max of 4 digits. Enter a PIN for each code. Keep em short if the people using the system aren't too bright and won't remember the digit string; as both verified code and pin are required.

To use these, simply dial *47*[verified code]+[pin]+[trunk access code]+[desired number to dial]

As you can see, this could be a long and drawn out code to dial, so that's why its probably best to keep it as short as possible.

hey shar helping non dealers of the tda is like shooting yourself in the foot .i will not be a part of it. it is a closed system in the USA if you give out the software or a distributer sells direct to an enduser they are in breech of there agreement and is gounds for decertification or loss or distribtership.So when someone joins on the 1st of june and asks for help it leads me to believe that he got the system and or software by other than a certified dealer and or distrubuter.

Thank you Shardian for the help this will fix the problem.
You now the main problem was that the switch was excepting any account code even if the code was not added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back