Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

account change problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

9amwhiskey

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2005
US
for certian reasons, the account I used to install my BES had to go away, and a new account was created. all of my blackberry services except for the actual Blackberry Server service start fine. I get an error 5302, which points to MAPI, but i'm not sure thats the issue. anyone have any experience in changing BES admin accounts?

First thing to check is in services. See what the server service is trying to start as. If it isn't the new BB admin account then change it to this.

You'll probably find that the service is still attempting to access the old MAPI profile. You need to point the server service towards the new MAPI profile.

Open the Registry Editor.
Locate the MAPIProfile registry entry in the following location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Servers\<server_name>\

If the registry path does not exist, run the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software installation while logged in using your BB admin account. Then, in Services, start the BlackBerry Enterprise Server service.
The Data field of the MAPIProfile registry entry displays the name of the MAPI profile which you will need to complete the steps below.

Note: In the following steps, <profile_name> signifies the name of the MAPI profile you discovered.

Browse to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\<profile_name>\.

If the <profile_name> registry key does not exist:

Click Start > Programs > BlackBerry Enterprise Server > Edit MAPI Profile for <server_name>
In the MAPI Profile window, specify the BB admin account mailbox and Exchange server. Verify that the name resolves successfully.
In Services, restart the BlackBerry Enterprise Server service. The service should start without generating error 5302.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back