Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accolade Publications

Status
Not open for further replies.

juniorx

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2005
US
I got an email from Tek-tips this morning hawking wares from Accolade Publications. There are a couple of books that they have that I'm interested in ...

Anyone here have any dealings with the company and/or read the books they publish? Are they any good?

I've tried contacting the company via phone, but one line is not working, the other is picked up by a generic voice mail. This doesn't instill much confidence in me for a company that wants to take my credit card information.

Thanks All!

We have three of them. The biggest shortcoming is the lack of detail on Manufacturing. They are worth the money as an additional reference.

Just for reference, (I didn't realize this until I received an email from Accolade directly) "Year / Period End Closing Procedures" is actually chapter 5 of the Maintaining Dynamics GP book.

Purchasing the "Maintaining Dynamics GP" book today to see what it has to offer beyond the bland GP references typical of MS.

Let us know what you think about their publications!!
Thanks

Daren J. Lahey
Programmer Analyst
FAQ183-874 contains Suggestions for Getting Quick and Appropriate Answers to your questions.

Im not sure what happened when you tried to reach us other than for a couple of days the phones have been very busy and we have had some people out sick. All of our lines are working.

From a programmer's perspective, our manuals are NOT technical, they are designed to support the typical user. Unlike the MS manuals, we dont focus on simply describing screens, fields, and reports but on how business flows through the applications. For that reason, we call them second tier documentation.

For anyone here on the forum that would like to try one, we will extend a 30 day right of return. If you order one and dont think it is useful to you, return it in the same condition you received it and we will refund your entire payment.

So much for the commercial, sorry about the diversion, now back to answering support questions!

Richard L. Whaley
Accolade Publications, Inc.
Documentation for Software Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back