Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

acCmdFilterBySelection With Main And Subforms 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominicdunmow

Technical User
Jul 28, 2004
CA
Hi there,

I have a main form linked to a subform by a Unique ID field.

I have a command button on the main form that uses "acCmdFilterBySelection" to filter by the selected field.

When this button is clicked I'd like the subform to be filtered by this same field.

Does anyone know how I can do this with VBA?

Thanks

Hi
Perhaps something like:
Code:
Dim ctl As Control

Set ctl = Screen.PreviousControl
    ctl.SetFocus
    DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdFilterBySelection

Select Case ctl.Value
    Case IsDate(ctl.Value)
        Me.[i][Subform Control Name][/i].Form.Filter = ctl.Name & "=#" & ctl.Value & "#"
    Case IsNumeric(ctl.Value)
        Me.[i][Subform Control Name][/i].Form.Filter = ctl.Name & "=" & ctl.Value
    Case Else
        Me.[i][Subform Control Name][/i].Form.Filter = ctl.Name & "='" & ctl.Value & "'"
    End Select
    Me.[i][Subform Control Name][/i].Form.FilterOn = True

Hi there,

Thanks for you response, it's great and has me on my way works, but I have one further wish.

The code works if FilterBySelection is used once...if I want to further filter the mainform using the FilterBySelection button a second time, the subform recordset resets, then filters by the last FilterBySelection field rather than both.

Do you know how the code can be adapted to fit in with this? - I've tried fiddling but haven't got anywhere.

Thanks for your help.

Use And:
strCurrentFilter=Me.[Subform Control Name].Form.Filter
Me.[Subform Control Name].Form.Filter = strCurrentFilter & " AND " & ctl.Name ...

You will probably need a clear or show all too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back