Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accidentally disabled all error messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

charle525

MIS
Jul 18, 2003
US
I think, while writing VBA code for error handling (or doing other work on my forms), I disabled all Access error messages. I am now trying to write a SQL query and no error messages pop up when there are errors in my syntax. Now, I can't figure out what exactly I did to cause this. Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as what to look for in fixing this?

Open up the debug window and type in DoCmd.SetWarnings=true

That should solve it...hope that helps.

Kevin

Thanks, but I don't think that helped. The problem is taking place throughout the database, not just in my forms. Would your solution solve that? I tried, but no luck.

If I cause an error while writing a query in the query window (for example invalid SQL syntax), or with a table (for example using an invalid foreign key), no Access error message pops up like normal. I'm just left in that view, unable to save or change views until I fix the error. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Well, things are working now. I closed and re-opened the database. Still not sure what caused it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back