Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accidentally deleted entire drive. Need to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickster

MIS
Feb 19, 2002
US
To make a long story short, I had 2 disks in a mirrored set on a SATA RAID chip. One drive went bad and I received a replacement drive. When I put it in and broke/recreated the mirror set (no "rebuild" option available), it mirrored the blank drive ove the drive full of data. No data has been written to that drive since it was erased. Is there a simple way to undelete the NTFS partitions on that drive? I prefer not to pay for commercial software if I can avoid it, but this is an extremely urgent problem. I really need to have the drive up and running in the next few hours. I have tried some free undelete programs, but they only undelete files off of formatted partitions. I need something that can recover the partition as a whole. Thank you in advance for any help.

(Might require registering and login but might be helpful)

Not sure if these work with your system but I include them.
See what they say about Raid.

Try here too.

-General Data Recovery discussion Forum (4103 members)
Forum528

Users recycle bin
thread779-744465

It's commercial software I know but you may try Spinright 6 from grc.com. It's only $100 or so but it now works on NTFS file systems. It's a small download as well. Just in case the free stuff won't work for you.

Jim W.

I finally ended up downloading and paying for Active@'s utility. It worked well, though I wish I could have found a free util since this is probably the only time I'll use this one.

Do you have a link for this Active@'s utility?

Like I said. It worked like a charm (though I had not written any data to the deleted drive or created a partition over it / formatted it. I'm sure there's some sort of freeware util that does the same thing. I just didn't have time to look much. The program is $30 and fits on a floppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back