Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing VB in another partition using c/c++ compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I keep thinking of system() but what is exactly the command that lets you start an exe from a c/c++ program? What I want to do is since I have win98 and win2k on the same computer and a seperate partition for my compilers and the c++ compiler is accessible from both OS's and VB is not accessible from win98 (I installed both while in win2k) that when I am in win98 I can run VB through a small c/c++ program.

Edward Tisdale

Use the CreateProcess API to start another program from C++. However, I don't think that what you are trying to do will work. You are going to need to run the VB setup while in Win98 since certain DLLS will need to be registered with the OS . . . you are not going to be able to run the uninstalled VB using c++ just because C++ was installed on the Win98 partition. - Jeff Marler B-)

Okay, but the c++ was installed from win2k.
I have three drives:c:win98,d:compilers,e:win2k
all are fat32
all compilers installed from win2k.
But thanks for pointing me to DLLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back