Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing the same dynamic info on more than 1 pge

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfild

Technical User
Nov 1, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have tried to use the same list/menu item on two different pages. For example, on one page I need a list box showing course codes. I also need the same list box on another page. On this second page I created a new recordset with a different name and tried it and it didn't work. I get the following message back:

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0141'
Page Command Repeated
/pProtech/booking1.asp, line 2
The @ command can only be used once within the Active Server Page.

I agree the page command has been repeated (although I have tried a different name) but is there a way of having a list item accessing the same info on two separate pages? I realise this may be a simple question but would appreciate some feedback as I need to repeat other dynamic list items like this.

Many thanks for your help,

Mark

u can use Request.Form ("form object name") to grabb the choice from the previous form....
if u need the same "dynamically popluated list" then u have to re-create the recordset and use the values for the list.
All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Hi lebisol

Many thanks for your help on this one.

Regards,

Mark

hey, YOU got it to work ;-)

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Status
Not open for further replies.