Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing Server-Manager on MBG (MiCollab Server and Gateway Mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danramirez

Programmer
Oct 25, 2009
ES
Hi Gents,

I have a MiCollab in Server and Gateway mode with the Public IP Address on the WAN Interface.

MiCollab Clients are working fine from the LAN and from the Internet.

The issue I have is when accessing the MiCollab Server-Manager from outside. When I try to add the FQDN to the Domain List of the Remote Proxy, it tells me:

"Try again. I think that host is me. That, or your are not using a split-DNS configuration as you should be."

What should be the best and safe way to access the MiCollab Server-Manager from outside under my Server and Gateway arrangement?

Thank you, Regards,

Daniel

You won't need to add the server as a proxy as it is the server sitting on the public side. The remote proxy's are any servers behind the MBG that you want publicly accessible.

You should be able to add your public IP address in the Remote Access list and go to the or IP}/server-manager to login as usual.

agree with sarond

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

I would strongly recommend not having the server-manager interface accessible from the Internet interface, that's just asking for an attacker to brute force it. Leave it only accessible from the LAN and remote in via a VPN to access it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back