Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

accessing secured database(.mdb)??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wawan

Technical User
Oct 19, 2002
ID
can anyone help me?
I'm working on an application with VB 6.0, Crystal Reports 4.6 and Access 97 as the database.

This is what I did:
cr.ReportFileName= App.Path & "\PO.rpt"
cr.Formulas(0)=.....
cr.Formulas(1)=.....
cr.Action = 1

and it doesn't work (error)...but if I unset the password to the database, it works...

Help me, please

I've had similar problems. Solution I found was to use ODBC instead of native connection.
Even in CR8.5, native connection to Secure Access DB is fiddly. (fiddly = Crystal say you can do it, I couldn't make it work [wink]) Andrew Baines
Chase International

Hi Andrew
I'm sorry I couldn't understand what you mean by native connection. And could you show me an example of using ODBC instead of native connection?
Thanks for your time...I'm hopeless

In your report, change the database to an ODBC connection.
Setup an ODBC connection in Control Panel. This needs to point to your access database. Then change the report to use the ODBC.
The rest of your code is the same.
I haven't used 4.6 for 4 years so I'm struggling to give more detail. Andrew Baines
Chase International

Mr. Adrew Baines, I OWE YOU BIG TIME!! THANKS SO MUCH!!
ALTHOUGH YOU DIDN'T GIVE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS, but I managed to solve my problems...Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back