Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing Sales Orders and Purchase Orders without DDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

flimpo1234

Programmer
Mar 30, 2003
US
Does anyone know a way I can access Sales Orders and Purchase Orders withOUT using DDE? I am actually trying to pull info from S.O.'s and P.O.'s from PHP, but PHP does not have any support for DDE. Yes I am aware of PawCom, that is a last resort. I am using PSQL 8, and would like to not have to purchase anything else for this project. Any help on this is much appreciated.

Regards,
Flinn

Does peachtree support P.SQL v8?

When you say "access" POs and SOs, are you talking about reporting on the data or updating/writing to the data?

Please advise.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Well, when I started Peachtree with PSQL8, I got a warning message saying it is not supported but I have not had any issues with it.

I am not trying to poke anything. I just need to read a Sales Order and/or a Purchase order.

When I connect via ODBC the only tables I have read access to are:

"Chart","Company","Customers","Employee","General_AP","Gener
al_AR","General_GL","General_Inv","General_Jobs","JobEst","J
obs","JrnlHdr","JrnlRow","LineItem","Vendors","X$Field","X$F
ile","X$Index"

I may be wrong, but I do not see S.O.'s or P.O.'s in any of these tables. I see what appears to be invoices in "JrnlRow" table.

Hey you're right. I thought those tables were only for invoices. I just figured out how they are storing them. It's seems really odd for them to store all those different types of transactions in two tables rather than having a specific table to handle each different type of transaction. Thanks for the tip dgillz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back