Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Accessing s8700

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvercas

IS-IT--Management
Mar 31, 2004
US
Hello,

Since we lost power from hurricane sandy we are unable to access the s8700 via the network. if I connect a switch and assign ips on both ends, we are still unable to connect. Could the network card be in a down status on the s8700?

Next I try to administer the s8700 through SAT using term emulation of 513 or w2ktt. After I enter my command change extension xxxx I cannot exit or enter using alt-f1/alt-f3 nor does esc-e/esc-x work.

Any suggestions?

THANKS

Check the system properties you set up for the S8700 connection in ASA. Although you might be selecting 513 when you are logging in, if the system properties are not set up for 513 as well, you'll have issues.

With the system selected in ASA, goto the menu option System, the Properties, it should open on the tab System, check the Default Terminal setting.

- Stinney

I love learning and passing on knowledge. "Because knowing is half the battle".... ??GI JOOOOOE??

i have worked with legends before. how do I check the asa?

ASA is the Avaya Site Adminsitration software used to access Avaya systems. What are you using to access the S8700?

- Stinney

I love learning and passing on knowledge. "Because knowing is half the battle".... ??GI JOOOOOE??

If you're trying to use PuTTy read this thread: thread690-1672769

Here is where you can download TuTTy that's referred to in that post:

- Stinney

right now I cannot access the system via the network. I have to physically go to the machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back